Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Update from the Editor

Dear Readers,


First I want to thank you for your enormous amount of patience with me as I have failed to update Spades Mag for the last few months.  I owe all of you a sincere apology that I hope you will accept.

I feel that I should explain why this absence has occurred.  Some of you know from past corespondence with me that in my vanilla life I am a entrepreneur.  I own 2 businesses and they have taken up a considerable amount of my time as I have sold one and sought to expand the other.  I have also explored additional business opportunities that could be a huge personal accomplishment for me. Regardless of what is going on in my personal life I have made a commitment to continue on with Spades Mag and regularly update it.

Publishing this blog has exposed me to new friends and added a very exciting dimension to my life.  I am not ready to let it go.

Second,  I would be remiss if I didn't take this opportunity to make a few specific apologies to some people I have have personally let down in failing to properly update this blog.

3 years ago when I launched this blog one of the top Queens of Spades that I wanted to interview was Rebecca from RebeccasOffice.com.  Finally, last year, she agreed and I was able to publish a phenomenal interview with her.  Since then I have failed to follow up on emails and announcing that she was Queen of Spades of the Year by the readers of this magazine in the 2017 Spades Awards.  I want to publicly apologize for that and also publicly thank her for the amazing way that she and her boyfriend have worked with the blog over the last year.

I also want to publicly apologize to Lyla Everwettt and Ginger Reigh.  Both of them eagerly responded to my request to do an interview with Spades Mag and because of the constraints on my time I have been unable to publish those smoking hot interviews.   I plan on remedying that this month.  Lyla's interview will be posted this Thursday, 3/16  and Ginger's interview will be posted on Thursday, 3/30.

I still have some time to make 2017 Spades Mag's best year yet and I hope you will help me.  Please feel free to reach out to me anytime at Drew@spadesmag.com


Drew Marston

1 comment: